Re: Re: Best wishes to the new "FM birds"(was:Thoughtson future "FM birds" )

on 8/18/00 2:49 AM, Randolph Kohlwey at kohlwey@xmission.com wrote:

> I wish the new FM Sats to be launched next week a good flight!  I thank their
> creators for all of the time and energy that was spent into getting them to
> this
> point and for the many more hours it will take to get them up and running.

Randy,

Would it surprise you to say that I second that?  I hope they do well too.
I think they will be welcome additions.

I suppose I can't use FM birds any more since I've railed against them!  :-)

I think they have their place.  I think they have their usefulness both for
those who build them and for those who cut their teeth on them, etc.  I just
think that too many people think that they are the end all and be all of
satellite operation and that you can't have a more worthwhile experience on
the birds than operating FM.  I just would like to see more focus on SSB out
there as well.

73,

Jon
NA9D

ps: Is JAWSAT working?  You alluded to it before.

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

Member:  ARRL, AMSAT, DXCC, NRA

http://www.qsl.net/ke9na