FM vs SSB

Hi All,
There are other factors to consider in this argument over which is better FM
Vs SSB on the birds. I don't know what the percentage is, but many of us
live in cities and communities that cause limitations in what one can do in
our hobby. I for one live in an apartment, which limits what I can have for
antennas. I can work the fm repeaters and the packet digi's for within my
space without having access to outside antennas ( I even worked UO-14 &
AO-27 sitting on my living room floor with my HT and Arrow). If not in an
apartment, there are more and more communities that are restricting what you
can erect on your property, in the way of antennas and such, that a lot of
us don't have the option of working anything but the fm birds. We have a
local Ham that bought a piece of property in an area of minimum population,
got permits to erect his towers, and is now in a long drawn out court battle
because his neighbors went to the town board and objected to his erecting
those towers. They canceled his permit and he was told not to go any further
with his project. I have seen it on the sigs many times about Amateurs
running into these kind of restrictions more and more. I can go out on my
balcony or over to the school yard across the street to do my sat contacts
and not have to worry about a permanent antenna structure. Oh I would like
to work the other birds, but in my present local AO-27 & UO-14 is all I
have. I know it can be very discouraging and frustrating trying to get in
with my meager two watts, especially when on the road trying to give those
whom want them, the grids and counties I am passing though. I know in the
end that there are some out there that appreciate my efforts, and that is
why I still do it. I know there were a couple times on my trip east that I
almost said the heck with it all.
73 Chris N2YQP