Re: proposal for maximizing fm leo contacts

on 8/17/00 7:36 AM, Gary "Joe" Mayfield at ka0yos@AMSAT.Org wrote:

> Rag chewing is a pass-time as old amateur radio.  Are you saying what you
> want to do is "more important" than what some other operators want to do,
> because their goals are different than yours?  To many people the idea of
> chasing grid squares is silly.  Maybe grid square chasers should be asked to
> chase grid squares "on a different bird".

No.  One can collect grid squares on SSB birds just as easily.  In fact, if
all the FM users would move to SSB birds, we could even have MORE grid
squares exchanged.  Some guy in a rare grid would be able to hear several
stations all at once instead of the capture effect of FM.

I rarely rag chew.  I am a contester and a DXer.  I just find FM inefficient
for anything more than a couple of people.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden