Re: Has anybody heard AO-10 lately ?

Hi Richard,

Richard W L Limebear wrote:

> There is also no guarantee that AO-10 is on the circular polarized beam.
> Default value after a reset (or power-down) is the omni antennas. Its a
> possibility that the system *might* self-switch to the beams though.

This is *not* correct...

The Antenna Relays will be in the last state as they were commanded
by the computer, even after a power down reset.

This was to prevent that the S/C will be in a wrong state after a reset
or so..  For example if we are in HiGain-Mode in Apogee and we would
reset the computer, it would be then very difficult to command via Omni
in an emergency situation. It's better to keep the last state therefor.

However, we do not actually now what the current state of both antennas
(omni or higain) is, as at least one time a couple of years ago the
computer might have started playing piano on the right output ports
and switched one or both antennas. Switching Antennas is not just by switching
one single output, it is a more complex procedure..

73s Peter DB2OS