Re: RF trips power supply

At 08:18 2000-08-16 -0500, Cordill,Jim wrote:
>I know this is off topic, but I thought I would try here first.  I have an
>Astron RS-12A power supply that
>I use to power my satellite rig that has a problem, any time I key my HF rig
>the power supply will
>shut down.  It seems to do it on all HF bands, and even on low power.  My
>other Astron power supplies
>work fine.  Could it just be this model, or has an RF bypass cap failed
>somewhere.  The HF rig is powered
>from an Astron RS-35M and sets about 3 ft from the 12a on a shelf about 1.5
>ft below the rigs which sit
>side by side on the table above.
>73 Jim KI0BK

It sounds to me that with a only a 12 amp supply you are prob over loading
the supply. Why don't you just hook it up to the 35 amp supply and then you
won't have to worry about it.

I also float a battery across my supplies to handle any short power outages
( I live in Florida) that we might have and also it acts as a buffer so
when I do run things hard the power supply is only really charging the
battery. It works real good.

>----

73, Bill N4XEO

E- Mail mailto: n4xeo@amsat.org