Re: Has anybody heard AO-10 lately ?

on 8/15/00 5:18 PM, Jeff Grey at JGrey@msi-us.com wrote:

> Has anybody heard AO-10 ?  I have tried to hear AO-10's beacon & downlink
> traffic, but to no success. Either my Arrow antenna lacks sufficient gain,
> the satellite  elevation is too low ( 13 deg ) when I try, my 2 mtr radio
> need an LNA, or AO-10 has finally gone doa.  Thanks for the responses in
> advance.

An Arrow antenna for ANYTHING other than a perigee pass for AO-10 is NOT
sufficient.  It just isn't.  Not enough gain.  AO-10 is even harder to hear
on low passes.

Yes, you probably need an LNA.  I don't have one in my setup right now, but
I have the BIG KLM beams.  Even then, I get at max an S3 signal or so.  I
have a preamp I am building, but other things have gotten in the way of me
finishing it.

73,

Jon
NA9D