RE: Re: Hard keying a amp with Kenwood TS-711A

Thanks for the help. I have learned that on the Kenwood TS-711A pin 13
on the 13 pin din and
the standby jack on the radio
have the PTT line. I am going to build a isolation circuit and cable to
key amp. The reason for
all this is that the relay in the amp chatters with low drive from the
radio even when the amp is in
SSB mode. The amp is 10W in for 160W out. Some times I like to drive the
amp at very low power
to get just the right amount of power to work a satellite.