Re: SUCCESS!

OK,
I can't resist one more comment on this.

1. Preamps are NOT real expensive (ex:  ARR  SP432VDG = $108.00 new,
maybe
    $50 used) This is the type that automatically switches in and out
when you transmit.

2.  They  REALLY DO HELP A LOT on HT's, mobile rigs, FT847's, FT726's,
etc.
     If you don't believe that, try it and see.  I'm not saying you can't
hear without them,
     but if you can hear a little bit without it, you'll hear  REAL GOOD
with it.

3. I'm not trying to hurt anybody's feelings here, but there are a lot of
stations that
    don't hear very well on the FM birds,  they call out their callsign
and a half dozen
    stations call them and they don't come back to anybody, or maybe
after several
    tries they finally hear somebody then lose them again before
completing the QSO.

4. It doesn't take too much effort to fix that and then you'll be a happy
camper!

73,
John, K6YK