Re: SUCESS!

Hello Jon.

14 Aug 00 13:12, you wrote to All:

 JO> A preamp would go a long, long way for anyone having difficulty
 JO> hearing.

Depends on the circumstances.  A masthead preamp will work wonders on a fixed
station.  A preamp may be useful for portable US hams, to overcome the problem
of 70cm receivers which are operating outside their designed band, but may be
of little benefit for European, VK and ZL operators, where the satellite band
is smack in the middle of the design range of commercial gear (which should be
operating optimally at 435 MHz, in theory).

In my case, the 70cm side of my antenna is working so well, I find my uplink is
the limiting factor, even in Mode J on UO-14.

Tony

.. th oneself is the most important thing!