Re: SUCESS!

Greetings all,

    I think the main thing to remember is that you don't need a lot of power
 on the uplink to hit the bird and get through.   I think here is a problem
 today in that instead of timing our transmissions and getting in that way
 many operators are putting more power to the bird which just slams everyone
 else especially those working QRP with an HT.   I have personally worked
 stations from Hawaii to the Bahamas and from Alaska to southern Mexico with
 just an HT and 5 watts or less.
     If someone wants to have a preamp on their downlink that's fine -- go
 for it --  but PLEASE keep your transmitter power down so you don't trounce
on the many of us working the birds with less power.

     Thanks and 73,

            Ken

PS:  I do use an arrow, quad, or other antenna to get a good signal
especially on the downlink !!!

 kc7ppx@amsat.org

After