Re: Re: SUCESS!

Dave,

> >The point is, many people have done this many different ways.  None of
you
> >is right, and none of you are wrong.
> >
> >IT's up to the individual as to who they wish to accomplish the task.

I agree! There's many, many ways to skin a cat. That's why when someone
comes on the reflector and says 'what's the easiest way to get onto sats?',
there could be many answers, depending primarily on what questioner has
already, and of course their budget.

For what it's worth, I've run a vertical successfully for eight months. It's
a struggle but it works. A mast preamp is a necessity with any length of
coax.

I have tried an eggbeater too, unfortunately unsuccessfully, and after
months of trying I gave up - only to discover a break in the coax last
weekend.

Many years ago I did have mighty Az/El antennas, but since becoming an
urbanite these now live in a large cupboard.

You're right that the Arrow is primarily designed to be a portable antenna.
That's not stopped me phasing 2 at 90 degrees up on my roof for a permanent
installation though! Works an absolute treat. And they don't look much
different to a normal VHF band II receiving antenna/band IV UHF TV antenna.

73 Howard G6LVB