Re: Hard keying a amp with Kenwood TS-711A

The 13-pin din will do most everything you need except the PTT. You usually
have to acquire the PTT from the mike connector on the front. The 5-pin
connector, unless someone has put in their own option (which I have done)
is likely the CAT interface for computer operation of the rig. Usually
connected
to an IF232 or equivalent to a computer serial port.

At 11:52 AM 08/14/2000 -0700, David Rice wrote:
>I have a Kenwood TS-711A and a TE Systems 1410G amplifier. I want to
>"hard key" the amp with the radio. The radio has two DIN connectors.
>There is a 13 pin DIN and a 5 pin DIN. The 13 pin looks like it is
>for hooking up a TNC. The other one is not documented in the users
>manual. All it says is that it is for some kind of RTTY decoder.
>Any ideas?
>----

Reid Bristor
Bristor Associates