Re: Re: SUCESS!

Dave,

I agree with you.  Seems the FM guys want to have everyone use an HT and an
Arrow antenna.  Heaven forbid you should have a good signal into the bird
and capture the bird over their milliwatts!

The Omni Antennas will work great, especially with preamps.  The Arrow is a
GREAT antenna for portable use, but for a fixed operation inside your house,
it isn't practical.  Oh yeah, that's right you are supposed to mount it on a
camera tripod and move it from inside your living room! :-)

As soon as possible, graduate to the SSB birds.  The FM birds are fun, but
when you hear the same exact guys giving the same exact contest grid square
exchange with people stepping all over each other, they get old.  People who
have never worked an SSB bird, have no idea of the world out there that
awaits them!  That's why I am so cynical and sarcastic about the FM birds.
To many people, that's all there is to satellites and then if you get in
there and work them, you are a satellite expert.  Yeah, what I am saying is
politically incorrect, but so be it!  :-)

73,

Jon
NA9D