footprint stretching

Hi Bob...

>>Is there, or should there be a designated "frequency watering hole" on our
current leo's for those of us who want to engage in this activity?<<

That sounds like the "DX window" concept we hear so much about on 6 meters,
80 meters, etc.  It's not unlike trying to work "grey-line" propagation on
the lower HF bands, when in the winter you have a few minutes to work JA's
from W2 at sunset on 75 meters, for example.

Doppler may complicate the issue on LEO's but I see no other major problem.
The bulk of my experience is on the single-channel "bent pipe" FM birds,
though, so I may not be aware of all the implications.

Hope this helps!
Frank
wb2bxo@amsat.org