FO-29 at 9600bps

Hi all:
I would like to know how the FO-29 operates at 9k6 (when this mode is active).
I am thinking about use the Kenwood TH-D7A(g) since I believe that this bird do not use PACSAT protocol (the D-7 does not work in KISS mode, but it operates crossband data). It could be operated from a portable station with this rig and a laptop (even a palmtop) with a simple terminal program...
Any suggestions?

73 de Pedro, EB4DKA.