Re: Yaesu VX-5R / ADI AT-600

Hi Ken

Yes as I said the ADI is full duplex, meaning it has simultaneous
reception on both bands. The problem is it only has one tuning knob, and
it changes the selected transmit frequency. With mode J satellites the
doppler effect is best corrected on the downlink (The higher frequency)
so you have to flip back and forth between bands to adjust for doppler.
I was just agreeing with Mike's observation.
When SO35 was in Mode B this was of no consequence as the transmit
frequency was the one that needed adjustment.