Re: Sedsat launch date

In a message dated 8/8/00 11:20:18 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Mike73@aol.com
writes:

<< Anyone know the launch date for Sedsat?? I have found 10/24/98
 and 10/25/98.

 73,
 Mike, N1JEZ >>

Hi Mike,

SEDSAT was launched at 8:08am EST on Oct 24,1998.  I was there standing 2.6
miles from the pad.  A few days later I got to see PANSAT go up with John
Glenn on STS-95 and was there for his landing.  And before my two weeks was
up I even saw
an Atlas launch.  You got to see an Atlas or Delta launch sometime from Jetty
Park,
it's a much better show than shuttle is from 11 miles away.  Anyway, hope I
helped
some.  Oh, and I've got some pictures of SEDSAT being launched with it's
primary payload, the technology demonstrator Deep Space 1.  Let me know if you
could use a shot.

73, Steve
K5PK