mounting crossed yagis

Hi all,

I have built a pair of homebrew Yagi's to get onto the sats.  I was
planning to mount them in the "+" configuration (one beam horizontal, one
beam vertical) but recently saw an installation where the guy had put them
in an "X" configuration.

I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on the advantages and
disadvantages of each of these two configurations - the "+" would be easier
for me to mount, but if the "X" is much better it could be worth doing a
bit more engineering to get it to work.

Thanks in advance

73 de James VK2UJF
Sydney, Australia