RE: uo-36 tnc's

I'd like to hear the details, it does not sound boring.

-----Original Message-----
From: laura halliday [mailto:marsgal42@hotmail.com]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2000 11:48 AM
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] uo-36 tnc's

It gnaws at me that, yet again, so many are so willing
to let others set our technical directions for us.

Come on, folks, it's 2000 - let's at least ditch the
Triassic Node Controller approach in favour of a decent
serial/HDLC/whatever interface with all further process-
ing done in software, the way it should be.

My current satellite project involves data rates with
more digits (665.4 kbps), but since it's coming together
from homebrew and modified surplus components (the LO
is a Qualcomm synthesizer board, and I got a nice dish
from a local tv station), I won't bore you with the
details.

                                    - Hospital/Shafte