Mounting of M2 CP-14 & 436CP30, Need Help !

Hello,

I was wondering if anybody has any experience with mounting these antennas (
M2 CP-14 & 436CP30 ) on a camera tripod for portable use.  I am looking for
any ideas.  I was thinking of using a piece of PVC pipe mounted horizontally
to the tripod and from that I would mount the antennas with the supplied
u-bolt.  I would be rotating the antennas manually.  These are circular
polarized antennas for those not familiar with the model.  I am still
looking to purchase a used 2 meter circular polarized antenna if someone has
one available, if not I will buy a new one.

Thanks,

Jeff Grey
N8EIP