1st rigs and antenna building.

Hi all,

I would like to say Thank You for all the great getting started info and
emails. The number responses really caught me off guard.

I am looking at getting my first radio and my budget will allow $200. I was
looking at the Yeasu FT-1500M 2 meter.
I figure that with that and my ICOM scanner, I might have a shot at getting
one of the FM satellites.

Can you all suggest something else in that price range for a starter? I
figure anything that will get me to a satellite will have no trouble on the
Houston repeaters.

I was also looking for plans for a 70 cm receive antenna to use on my ICOM
scanner. Any thoughts? Homebrew is what I would like to do as I tend to
learn more with "Hands On".

Thanks,

Scott Bowen
KD5KZN