Re: SAUDISAT-1A,B

Hello Paul.

29 Jul 00 18:26, you wrote to Tony Langdon:

 PW> My understanding is that Mode J (J=Japan) is preferred because in some
 PW> parts of the world, such as Japan, the 2m band is so crowded they
 PW> weren't able to hear weak downlinks there.

Oh, OK.  2m here is clear.  We do have severe QRM in some areas from pagers in
the adjacent 148 MHz band.  A beam helps a lot (unless the satellite goes
behind a paging Tx! :) ).

As it turns out, SO-35's 70cm downlink falls on a frequency which is full of
crud from one of the pay Tv carriers.  It is difficult to escape from that,
though the beam helps a lot here.

Tony

.. New Opcode #12: PII - Perform Intended Instruction