en45

my friend, allen, n5afv saw me operating the satellites at field day with my
ht and got interested in it. he tried with his ht but really needed the al-800
antenna. so just before leaving houston to fly to wisconsin to visit with his
parents for a week, he bought one. he is only a novice at satellite
operation, about a weeks worth of tinkering. he is using an icom w32a and
a pryme al-800 antenna.

he will be active in en45 during the week and possibly some surrounding
grid squares.

allen sent me the following message...
On the way here from Minneapolis, I pulled off onto the shoulder of US
Hwy 8 as UO-14 was passing over, and worked K6YK in CA, and
W7VEW in UT.  Just as I finished the UT contact, a Wisconsin Highway
Patrol car pulled up behind me and trurned on his lights.  The officer
asked what I was doing, so I told him - I don't know that he believed me,
but there is no law prohibiting one from stopping along the highway, so he
let me go.  I'm sure he told his fellow officers about the crazy man along
Hwy 8 who claimed to be talking to satellites. (allen will determine the grid
square he was in when he gets back home for these two).

QSL via his home call.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas                                   or: kk5do@houston.rr.com
AMSAT Area Coordinator
ARRL Official Bulletin Station, Awards Manager (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC), VE
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on TVRONet GE-4, T16 Upper, 5.8MHz