RE:Any Info on the new Icom IC-910H?

Miles,
Thanks for posting the URL.  I have been looking for a pic of that rig for a
while.  The IC-746 discussion group had a report from the UK last March on
the IC-910H, stating the expected specs were 100 W on 2 m, 75 w on 70 cm, AND
25 W on 23 cm.  There has been no real news since then except for the
official discontinuation of the IC-821H by Icom.  The Japanese site only says
to "check back soon for a new satellite radio."

Looking closely at the picture, it appears they have followed the dual-band
AF/RF/SQL knobs of the predecessors and have also NOT put in a sub-band VFO
knob like the FT-847 (too bad).  The rig does sport a "satellite" button, but
I don't see any sign of DSP functions.  Also missing seem to be those little
buttons on the IC-820/821H that turned on the 12 VDC power on the coax (so
handy for powering your Drake 13 cm downconverter).  It also appears to be a
mobile design, not a desk top design like it's predecessors; maybe 50% bigger
than an FT-100 or IC-706.  However, one interesting thing is it looks like
both VFO's are tuned to 23 cm, so dual-in-band receive looks like it is
possible in this new design.

A big question is:  where/when is the IC-746Pro (with 70 cm)?  Followed by:
where/when is the FT-847 Mark V (with better HF IF/filters, an SWR meter,
VOX, and a CW memory keyer, and a fix to the CAT/tuner problem)  :-))??

73,
Jerry, K5OE