Re: Magnetic Field Stabalization

I am not a rocket scientist and I don't play one on TV, but I am under the
impression there would be all kinds of forces acting on a satellite.  These
forces would be very subtle by the standards of those of us on the surface,
but they would have their impact just the same.  Isn't his what happened to
AO-10?  It had no brains (no active control), but was stable (ALON/ALAT were
useful) for years.  Now it is no longer stable (ALON/ALAT can't be
determined).

I thought the standard AMSAT answer (ingenious and very low weight) was to
paint certain surfaces black and white causing the satellite to spin like a
radiometer.

73,
Joe