KCT/T level chips

Sorry to trouble the list with a mundane question, but
several years ago, when I got my Kansas City Tracker/Tuner,
I pulled out the LM1488 and LM1489 level converter chips and
put in the bypass header plugs because I was using Icom (TTL
level) tuning.  Now I need to go back to RS-232 level for
Yaesu.  I'm sure I put those chips in a very safe place,
because I sure can't find them now!

Can anyone tell me if MC1488 and MC1489 chips are the same
as LM1488 and LM1489, respectively, and if the MC models can
be used in the KCT/T instead of the LM type???  Thanks.
--
Mark D. Johns, Cedar Falls, Iowa -- K0MDJ (EN32sm)
              http://pages.cfu.net/~mjohns/index.html