Re: Magnetic Field Stabalization

On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, alf sauve wrote:

> wouldn't a body tumbling continue to tumble in the same way unless acted
> upon by an external force?

Yes, but there are lots of forces up there.  Gravity gradient,
atmospheric drag, solar wind, magnetic field, and incident radiation.
These are very tiny, but all are there...

Bob

> If so then your fears of a momentary period of stabilization would be
> unfounded.
>
> However, from a perspective of trying to receive signals I would vote for
> stabilization of the antennas so that the polarization remained fairly
> constant during a pass.  Or at least changed slowly.
>
> But of course, realize I'm just a poor accountant with no formal training in
> space travel and I've never been higher than 45,000'.
>
> Alf - W4ADS

APRSdos REPLY/COMMENT:

Reply mail addr:   wb4apr@amsat.org
US mail address:   115 old Farm Ct, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
See DAYTON97 HISTORY:    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/dayton.html
See Maryland APRS LIVE:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See GPS on ANY radio:    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/mic-e.html