Re: KCT/T and FT-847

Mark, it will tune the 847 OK if you are using WiSP, and I think also, the
Station Program.  Maybe others.  The 847 differs in the tuning command
format from the 736.  Don't ask me why Yaesu did this.  However, other
programs which have not had the 847 command sequence for the tuner added to
their software will not tune it.  The DOS program, TUNER.COM, that comes on
the diskette with the KCT does not support the 847.

It boils down to the fact that the KCT will send the commands to the radio
that the tracking program says to send to it.  If the tracking program
doesn't support the 847, then the radio will not get tuned.  I say again, I
don't know why Yaesu did this, but it certainly was a departure from the
previous radios.  Perhaps there was a good reason.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org