Re: Sunsat switches to Mode J

Johann,

First, thanks so very much for the update and especially for providing
SunSat.  It is a great ham radio resource and I do appreciate the time,
effort and monies that went (and are still going) into building, launching
and maintaining that satellite.

Now like many ignorant Americans, I'm not fully cognizant of the various
conventions used in other countries.   I know a lot of countries use a
common (,) for their decimal point and there are other differences in the
way we represent things.  (Not to mention the whole metric mess.)

However, I'm curious about the 'nkn' (e.g. 9k6 baud) convention ESL uses on
the SunSat page.   Wouldn't that convention indicate 9006 instead of 9600?
I would think and maybe I'm just aneed'n'  educatin' in the ways of the rest
of the world, but wouldn't 9.6k be more accurate?  I notice that you don't
use that convention on the frequency,  145.825Mhz  instead of 145M825Hz?

Maybe I'm just in a picky mode this morning, but am willing to learn new
things.

Again, thanks for the satellite and the frequent updates and changes in
mode.  It has been fun tracking, though the recent shift in modes has taken
me a day or two to adjust to.  (I'm old and slow to change sometimes.)

Alf -W4ADS