Icom user survey (interpretation)

Hi all
by reading the  survey we can make a few assumptions on what Icom thinks
we want.

Amateur Radio manufactures need things/options to make them stand out in
the crowed
and to help sell their toys. All ham radios are basically the same.
The vendors need buzz words or options to distinguish them selves.
Icoms fancy displays have helps.

Power
4 times icom asked about 200 watts.  It seems they may be leaning
towards
making their hf boxes 200 watt class.

DSP
3 questions about DSP.  Since DSP is the big feature of the dedicated
we can expect to see more DSP power going into all future radios.
Its is also usually more cost effective than other methods.

More missing questions.
What about 900 mc?
General coverage VHF/UHF RX?
ATV? (which is allowed on 400, 900 and 1200 mc)

Satellite Modes:
the ITU satellite bands include HF bands,
including 80, 20, 15, 12 and 10 meters.  The new HF/UHF radios will need
to support satellite cross band operations.

Data Rates:
The digital modes was briefly questioned.  Future radios will need
to support high data rates.  Europeans are actively using 38.4 kbit.

Compressed Digital Amateur Radio TV will use 64k - 128k bits for audio
and video.

My dedicated satellite Rig Wish List:

RX: 50-1300, AM, FM-5, FM-15, FM-25, SSB, ATV (pal, ntsc, FM and VSB)
TX: 6,2,220,400,900,1200 (and european bands), AM, FM-5, FM-15,
FM-25,SSB, ATV (pal, ntsc, FM and VSB)
Satellite modes and Digital data 1,200 - 128,000 bits
Power:
6m	100w
2m, 220, 440	50w
above 440 min 10w
ATV, min 1 hour duty cycle at high power
In the 756-Pro style.
(i waited 12 years for icom to come up with a replacement for the
IC-735, the 756Pro,
i guess i can wait a few more years for some one to build a replacement
for my Yeasu FT-736)

Personal negative comment.
Icom advertises their radios as "PC Ready".
Icom adds even show what appears to be a standard RS-232-C DB-25
computer cable
in their Advertisements.  I challenge you to plug in a DB-25 cable into
any
Icom radio.
If you read the fine print you will see the disclaimer *Optional
equipment required.
I am very disappointed in the Federal government for not suing Icom for
false advertisement.
In my personal opinion, if you need to buy Optional equipment, then you
are NOT PC READY.

Miles