A Great AMSAT/Hamsat Project for July!!!

Hello!

I have been talking with the Associate Publisher at "73", Francis Marion,
about the possibility of doing a Special Satellite issue.  After a number of
phone calls they have agreed to do this for the October 2000 issue.  This
means that the issue will be on the street in mid-September.  With the
launch of Phase 3D looming in the very-near future, this seemed like a great
way to get the word out to the general ham community about AMSAT and the
amateur-radio satellites at a very crucial time.

BUT, we need articles!

What facet of amateur satellite purusits are you into?  We would like to
have construction articles, info articles, software reviews, travel logs,
procedure articles, people and satellite profile articles, digital, analog,
APRS, etc., etc.  If you have been involved with any of the special issues
in the past, it's time to do it again.  If you have never been published
before, this is a great opportunity.  Nine out of ten submissions made it to
print the last time we tried this.  Payment for your submission will be made
within 30 days of publication (per Francis Marion at 73).

THE DETAILS:

1.  Complete articles with pictures, drawings, etc., need to be in the "73"
offices no later than August 1st.  I wasn't kidding when I said it was a
JULY project.

2.  Send e-mail to me (amacalli@danielind.com) as soon as you know your
topic so that we can avoid duplication of efforts.

3.  Mark your submission "Solicited article for the Special Satellite
Issue", and also note "Attn:  Joyce Sawtelle".

4.  Mail to:  73 Amateur Radio Today Magazine, 70 Hancock Road,
Peterborough, NH 03458-1107.

Manuscript info per the folks at 73:

"...Please submit both a disk and a hard copy of your article [IBM (ok) or
Mac (preferred) formats], carefully checked drawings and schematics, and the
clearest, best focused and lighted photos you can manage.  "How to write for
73" guidelines are available on request.  US citizens, please include your
Social Security number with submitted manuscripts so we can submit it to you
know who."

Field Day is over, and it's time to look forward to P3D.  How about it?

It's also time to get in print, get paid for it, and help promote AMSAT!

Sounds like a good JULY Project to me.
73 de Andy W5ACM,
AMSAT VP User Services

amacalli@danielind.com