RE: What Satellite is that?

Rick (WS8G) asked:

> In the most recent Amateur Radio Keps, UNK3 and UNK4
> appear.  I can not find reference to them anywhere on the
> net except in Kep sets.  What are they?

There is also UNK1 and UNK2 as well.
You may recall that several amateur satellites were launched several months
ago from Vandenburg AFB in California,  These included OPAL, JAWSAT,
STENSAT, ASUSAT1 and a couple others.  Some of these were never heard from
after launch and ejection from the launch vehicle.  Since there were not
heard from it is not entirely possible to tell which one is which.  However,
the control operators of these satellites still want hams to monitor the
downlinks from time to time to see if the satellites will show any signs of
life.  Also, the control operators still attempt to control the satellites
in attempts to get them to function.  For those reasons the KEPS are being
published.  If we get lucky and one or more are coaxed into life, we will be
able to tell which UNK satellite is the now living one and the KEPS will be
updated with the actual satellite name.
73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/
Ofc:  626-302-8515    FAX:  626-302-9999
AMSAT member 32537 / WSWSS member 395

In the most recent Amateur Radio Keps, UNK3 and UNK4 appear.  I can not find

reference to them anywhere on the net except in Kep sets.  What are they?

Rick (WS8G)