Re: Newbie observation - pacsat message signatures

on 6/28/00 7:46 PM, Alan K. Adamson at ne1h@ne1h.dyndns.org wrote:

> I've noticed that there are some *huge* signatures on messages posted to the
> sats.  I'm all for telling people who you are and what you do.  But I saw
> one that had to be over 20 lines.  It was more than the message.  Isn't that
> kinda wasted bandwidth?  If there wasn't email or qrz.com, maybe I could see
> it, but I'd think it would be better to place that stuff on a web page and
> not *every* message.

A 20 line sig file is a waste of bandwidth even on a wired network!  There's
no need for it!  On a satellite, it's even worse.  You have limited time as
it is to work it.  Downloading large signatures is time that could be better
spent on the next message, etc.

73,

Jon
NA9D