Re: FT-847 question

In message <MGLFGDEALFANKBAA@my-deja.com>, Dave Barrows <dbarrows@my-
deja.com> writes
>I understand that the FT-847 has a built-in keyer.  For those of us who use
>straight keys and keyboards, is there someway of defeating the  built-in keyer?
>
>Dave Barrows, W8IJ
>Camp Hill, PA

>Before you buy.
>----

yes you can use a straight key - just slight change in wiring and
turning the keyer off from the front panel!

73 Simon GM4PLM
       The contents of this message represent the personal opinion of the
author and are not representative of the RSGB or DUBUS unless otherwise stated.
    |       Simon Lewis GM4PLM     Editor - European Microwave News      |
    |       Radio Society of Great Britain Microwave Column Editor       |
    |                DUBUS Microwave Europe Column Editor                |
    | European Microwave News - Supporting Microwave Radio Across Europe |
    |    EMN Homepage - www.emn.org.uk      Email gm4plm@emn.org.uk      |
    |      RSGB Microwave Column Homepage - www.emn.org.uk/mwcol.htm     |
    |         RSGB Microwave Column Email uwave.radcom@rsgb.org.uk       |
    | DUBUS Microwave Europe Column Homepage - www.emn.org.uk/dubus.htm  |