FP on Satellite

Howdy all,

I'd like to announce an upcoming DXpedition to FP (St. Pierre & Miquelon).
The expected operation will be July 15 through July 19, 2000. We will be
operating from Ile aux Marins. This is a small island (~ 1 mi long and 1/3 mi
wide) accessible by ferry from St. Pierre. The callsign will TO0DX. The grid
will be GN16 (verified by GPS after final setup).

Initially I was asked to join this HF DXpedition and I agreed, if I could
bring a satellite station. So, I will be transporting a full Oscar Class
station to the island. Equipment will include short boom KLM cross polarized
yagis, FT-847, FT-736R, SSB preamps, 150 watts on both 2M and 70 cm, G5400B
rotor etc. I plan to be able to operate both analog and digital.

Probably the most exciting part of this trip (at least to me) is the fact
that I'll be driving from Burlington, Vermont to St. Pierre. I am now
building time into the trip to activate as many grids that I'll go through as
possible. This will hopefully include the water grids that I'll be traveling
through while on the ferry from North Sydney, Nova Scotia to Port aux
Basques, Newfoundland. The ferry ride is 5 hours......

In the next week, I'll be fine tuning the actual route I'll be taking and
should be able to predict the grids I'll be able to activate. There will
actually be 2 chances for folks to work me in these grids. I will be
returning via the same route after the DXpedition.

While not really satellite related, I'd also like to mention that I have
plans to bring 6M as well. I should have a KW on 6 while on the island and
hope to spend time working folks, if the propagation gods cooperate in
between satellite passes.

73,
Mike, N1JEZ
AMSAT #29649