RE: Digital is worthless

I don't agree. I assembled our APRS demo station in less time than it took to rig our dipoles up for HF.
That was even setting up a big tower computer.. It is even simpler for a Laptop.
Digital have many uses. Especially APRS with its ability to plot your position on a map with GPS accuarcy. One one-second packet burst of APRS will tell a SKYWARN op at the National Weather Service exactly where you are and another 5 second voice exchange will tell them a bearing from you to a tornado touchdown, or a funnel cloud.
THat is just one use.
I can hardly find that useless..  rather it is use-ENDless

Jamie Hutches, KD5GOB
Vice-President,
North Central Arkansas Amateur Radio Service