Re: Responsibility

In a message dated 6/26/00 8:51:52 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mhart@terrigal.net.au writes:

<< we taking a leading role in space environmentalism by, at least
 trying to remove our dead satellites??

 I am rather naive on this issue so I hope that if there is a valid reason
 for leaving dead satellites in orbit I don't get flamed for not knowing it.

 Michael Hart
 vk2jxi >>

Hello Mike,

Actually from what I understand, the recently deorbited Gamma Ray Observatory
was the first ever intentionally disposed of satellite using a control
reentry.

73, Steve
K5PK