Responsibility

I have seen on TV and heard from others that many of the government agencies
are taking the responsibility of bringing down their used satellites
(especially their big ones where parts may survive an uncontrolled re-entry)

Its my understanding that some of the geosyncronous commercial satellites
are being thrown out of orbit so it can be reused.

Also, from what I hear, launches are no longer being determined by the
weather alone but also by whether there is some space junk in the way)

My question is is the amateur radio simply leaving dead satellited in orbit
or are we taking a leading role in space environmentalism by, at least
trying to remove our dead satellites??

I am rather naive on this issue so I hope that if there is a valid reason
for leaving dead satellites in orbit I don't get flamed for not knowing it.

Michael Hart
vk2jxi