"This is the brain"....

In a message dated 6/26/00 4:49:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time, T5z4 writes:

<< Subj:    Re: [amsat-bb] Satellite FIeld Day!
 Date:  6/26/00 4:49:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time
 From:  T5z4
 To:    n3zll@AMSAT.Org

 In a message dated 6/26/00 2:04:25 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
wowens@iximd.com writes:

 << Wasn't to me, but the stations that were making 15 - 20 contacts on each
  pass was to me.

  73

  Will Owens
  N3ZLL >>

Hello Will and the gang,

"This is the brain on HAM radio"

Yea, the observations a lot of you have made are unfortunate and used to be
disturbing to me as well.  Something about amateur radio seems to bring out
the Pavlovian beast in many.  It's particularly interesting to observe during
pass of one of these FM birds.  I just wonder when we'll hear of the first
diagnosed
case of the DT's due to equipment failure followed by a class action case
against
a manufacturer.  It is sad.  But, thats where we're going.  Maybe a good
feature
to incorporate in future designs of HAM gear will be the new ADMS, otherwise
known as an Automatic Dosage Metering System.  Kind of a "safety cap" for
adults.
In some radios I guess you could just flash the EPROM with this feature.
Anyway,
didnt want to be known as a non-participant.  Take care guys, catch ya on the
birds.

73, Steve
K5PK