RE: Digital is worthless

Yeah, you see that's the problem.  In a real emergency constructing a CW
transmitter could be difficult.  The answer in these situations is clearly
a spark gap transmitter.  You can easily build one from salvaged parts from
your Model T.  The problem is we've abandoned tried and true modes like
spark in favor of this new-fangled continuous wave (CW) technology.  Where
anyone can homebrew a spark transmitter, it will require an engineering
degree to design and build something as complex as a CW transmitter.   if
CW becomes popular it will be the death of home constructed
equipment.  Anyway, it is terrible that many hams no longer are interested
in using the simplest and most reliable mode of communications.

John, W2FS