field day operations on uo14

just my two cents worth.

If anyone expected operation on field day to be easy well you now know what
it is like on field day. if you tried to operate qrp portable on AO-27 or
UO-14 the best you should have hoped for is one contact if you are lucky.

My field day went well, I worked UO-14 saturday first pass I made one
contact, condition was a typical week end pass x 10, the second pass I made
five contact at the end. I was operating with a Alinco ht 2 watts with a
home made arrow antenna, three of those contact was with other qrp arrow
antenna stations.

The key to operating qrp portable is first be patient, and second not to be
disapointed if you dont get a contact, other wise you will end up giving up
this part of the hobbie to quickly
.
just keep in mind that alot of those station that were operating on the fm
birds this week end are not regulars.
73 Greg N0ZHE
Thank God field day comes only once a year. hi hi