Re: Satellite FIeld Day!

On Sun, 25 Jun 2000, someone wrote:

> We also ATTEMPTED satellite ops on field day.  ..... We found that the
> satellite (AO-27) was monopolized from AOS to LOS by a small
> handful of stations.

WHile I can emphathize with the feeling, this is totally predictable.
WIth over 5000? FD sites, each one trying for a satellite contact on a
SINGLE FM channel?  We justfiy our "HAM" abilities when the "phones" go
out or when the CELL SITES get overloaded at an emergency, yet we know a
year in advance that our TWO PHONEs in the SKY are going to SATURATE on
Field Day..

The only way to get the FD Satellite points is to go for one of the other
13 satellites...which have hardly ANYONE on them...

Thanks Glen for making this point so clearly!
bob