Apollo missions

Hi Bill...

>>I got to thinking about the Apollo missions...
Anyone know the details of their radio links, ie,
frequencies, antennas, power, etc.???<<

The ham radio expert on that is Dick Knadle, K2RIW.  He received the S-band
downlinks from some of lunar missions and wrote some articles about it in 73
Magazine, I think, at the time.

Dick is still active and does a "tech net" on the Long Island, New York
16.85 (LIMARC) repeater most Sunday nights at 8 PM ET.  If you're up this
way at some point, check it out

I believe his e-mail address is in QRZ, or you may be able to track him down
through some microwave listserve or other.

Hope this helps!

Frank
wb2bxo@amsat.org