Re: KENWOOD RADIOS AND PACSAT PROTOCOL

On Wed, 21 Jun 2000 02:11:59 -1300 "pedro perez" <papac@mixmail.com>
writes:
> Hi:
> does anybody know if it is possible to work PACSAT
> protocol (with WISP or PB/PG) and the new Kenwood
> radios (D700 or D7A(G))?

No. I've been trying to do this with WiSP since I had my D700 late 1999.
You can request Dir's, download messages, connect to the bird's bbs, but
can't upload a message. I don't have a clue why,   best guess is that the
D700 isn't going into transparent mode. I tested this with my home
station's az-el computer controlled KLM's. so there was not a problem of
rx/tx signal. I talked to Kenwood engineers about this, and was told that
they also have never tested this. If I had the time I would pursue this
further, I did try several different configurations in the D700, but
never uploaded a message. If anyone figures this (or has figured) this
out let us know!  Now I haven't tried the G model yet, as I haven't sent
my D7A in for the upgrade , but I expect the same results, and I haven't
tried PB/PG, I do have a copy at home and I might try it when I have some
time. ...
 I will be in Albuquerque NM for FD this year. The local club N5VA has
invited me to participate, I will spend some time on Saturday with them.
On Sunday I plan on taking a ride to some Indian Ruins, Chaco culture
national park So I might be in some rare grids, but being FD you probably
won't hear me. But I will try!
Good luck to all on FD.....

73 Jeff kb2wqm