RE: An open letter to the Amsat Software authors

How long is enough?

Station 1 was written in 1994 for Windows 3.1, its life was extended in 1995
(slightly crippled to support Windows 95). It has never claimed to support
Windows 98, Windows 98se, Windows NT, Windows 2000. It is now 7 YEARS OLD!
I'm impressed!

Station 1 was written on a 16MHz 386sx Compaq, ....

Station 1 was taken to it's state of maturity, but could not be taken any
further without a ground up re-write. This MAY now be underway, but no
promises!!!

We are putting a new Station development team together, if you'd like to
step up to the bar and join us, then please contact us we need:

Windows 98/98se/NT4/2000 device driver writers
Language translators
Web site hosting
Marketing/PR expertise
.... and lots more

So if you'd like to help a non-profit all funds to AMSAT project, and you
have something to contribute (as opposed to whine about) then drop me an
email and we'll put you to work!!!

Regards
Paul Willmott, VP9MU
The Station System Development Team