Re: field day

Darrell,

You haven't got much time!

I use Nova for Windows (www.nlsa.com) as this gives you concurrent tracking
of several sats at once. You need to spend a bit of time getting acquainted
with its way of working though, and of course those inevitable quirks.

For voice contacts, set up for the following sats:

AO-14 FM (_easy_ but will be very busy)
AO-27 FM (Daytime only)
SO-35 FM (Check sunsat schedules - it's been off very recently)
FO-20 SSB/CW (_easy_)
FO-29 SSB/CW (check schedule, sometimes operates digital only)
RS-13 SSB/CW (_easy_)
RS-15 SSB/CW (I haven't heard any activity on this for quite a few months
but the beacon's on)
AO-10 SSB/CW (_hard_ to work but quite easy to hear at perigee)

The FM sats will be very busy.

Check the AMSAT news service http://www.amsat.org/amsat/news/ans.html (you
may have to follow a link to last last week's right now) for specific
frequencies at schedules.

I recommend that you try working sats _before_ field day to get a feel.

73 Howard G6LVB