Re: Re: An open letter to the Amsat Software authors

Jeff Davis wrote:

> Alan,
>
> I think it paradoxical that you want to see "open source" with regards
> to the Station software program, but you advocate using Win98 and
> "Visual Studio 6 or later", both commercial, proprietary closed-source
> applications written and sold by a monopolistic enterprise who have soaked
> their customers for billions.
>
> How about getting really crazy and doing a Linux port using a FREE
> operating system, and a FREE GNU editor/compiler all written and
> developed by people who could have sold the software for billions but
> instead chose to give it freely to us all?
>
> Just thinking "outside the box" here...
>
> 73,
> --
> jeff, n9avg

And all 12 AMSAT members worldwide using LINUX will be able to use it.
[sarcastic mode off now]

Like uSoft or not (I have no love for them), they do control most of the
operating system world.  Like it or not, the vast majority of us out there are
living in the Windows world.

73