RE: Oscar 0

> That topic is currently under discussion even as we speak.
> Speaking to the amateur community, what would be the type of
> transponder wanted? Digipeater? Store and Forward? Analog
> bent pipe?  It is possible that this can be a high power bird
> (over 100 watts RF out) and high gain on recieve.

I'd much prefer analog myself.  High power would be a must out there, given
the distance, same goes for gain antennas.  I suspect it would have to be
linear too, easier on the output stage, and besides, can one imagine what
half a planet trying to use the same FM transponder simultaneously would
sound like (OTOH, with 12+ hours visibility per pass, it might not be so
hectic once the novelty wears off :) )? ;-)