From: Mike Gilchrist [mailto:mike@theultimateconnection.com]
Sent: Tuesday, June 20, 2000 8:59 AM
To: Ronald Long; ne1h@ne1h.dyndns.org
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] An open letter to the Amsat Software authors
(with a little political incorrectness!)

At 07:07 AM 6/20/00 -0400, Ronald Long wrote:

>The Station was written, as I am sure you know, by vp9mu in Bermuda. He
>was, for a time, enthusiastic and promoted his software on the amsat-bb.
>Then something happened. He more or less disappeared.

There is indeed life outside our hobby.  Paul purchased "this old house" in
Bermuda, and while not busy with the day-to-day of his (quite illustrious)
career, spends time fixing cisterns and bringing the house up to date.

I have been a user of The Station software for years.  I use it under both
Windows 95 and Windows 98.  It works just fine.  Of course I have a wish
list I would like to see Paul implement in the next release, but I am
perfectly willing to patiently use the software for what it is; the best
analog Doppler correction/tracking software available.

Paul has never made any money on this effort, instead contributing all
funds garnered to AMSAT NA.

Rest assured Paul is listening.  I'm sure he feels a little offended by the
recent dialogue here.

As with all things in life, gather all facts on a subject before you make
bold statements that might be injurious to others.

73,  Mike - KF4FDJ
         Mike Gilchrist
         VP Operations
         The Ultimate Connection