Re: Autoexec

On Tue, Jun 20, 2000 at 12:48:42AM -0500, Gun Steele wrote:
> expanding marketplace. I suppose if Jobs or Torvald had achieved anywhere
> near the Gates success; someone would be ripping them too. Remembering Bill
> and Paul pitching their paper tape Basic at the early computer fairs simply
> renews my faith in our entrepreneurial system.

Torvalds only started Linux in 1990 or so whilst a university student.
He doesn't seem to be in it for the money. Wealth is not a good
indicator of success (in this case at least).

Re: Gates, I recommend reading the book "Hard Drive" which is about
Gates. He sounds like a real nice guy until you realise that he's
stealing technology from other companies through proposed
licensing deals which fall through at the last minute.

Hamish